This information can save your data.
- The program is a ransomware: encrypts data and then asks for a rescue to revert the process.
- Payment must be done in Bitcoins (virtual currency), but there is no guarantee that the information will be released.
- It has been successful in 74 countries and counting, among them: Spain, Taiwan, Russia, Portugal, Ukraine, Turkey and United Kingdom.
- It has shutdown some services in at least 16 hospitals and health centers in United Kingdom.
- It only affects Microsoft Windows operative system.
The Behavior Blocker technology used by Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security has proven to be the next best defense, as it has caught the ransomware before the file could execute and thus once again keeping our users protected from this and hundreds of other ransomware families without the need for signatures.